Thursday 24 October 2013

Yaya Toure calls on UEFA to take action after he is racially abused against CSKA Moscow

YayaToure-CSKA 
Manchester City midfielder Yaya toure, has asked UEFA to action, after he was racially abused at CSKA Moscow’s Khimki Arena by the club’s fans, during their 2-1 win on Wednesday.
 The Ivorian was clearly angry at the monkey taunts he recieved from some CSKA fans and called the attention of the match referee to the inclident.

“I told the ref,” he said. “I think it was unbelievable and very sad. We want to stop that..

“I think UEFA have to do a lot to try to stop it. Maybe close the stadium for a couple of games. As an African player, it is always sad when you hear something like that. I’m not just disappointed, I’m furious.
“I’m very, very disappointed about what those fans have done and I think UEFA have to take action because players with the same colour of skin will always be in the same position.

“For me, as captain, I was wearing an armband which said ‘no to racism’ and I was totally disappointed.
“I want to see UEFA do something and take some action.

“We have to be as strong as possible otherwise they will continue like that. Maybe they could ban the stadium, I don’t know, for a couple of years or a couple of months.

“The club may say they have to educate the fans, but I think it’s enough. Too much is too much. We have to stop it now.

“I don’t know it just happens in football. It’s unbelievable. They’re stupid, they’re just stupid. UEFA have to take action to right it otherwise I think they will just continue.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment