Thursday 3 October 2013

Controversial Actor Benson Okonkwo narrates how a 35yr old woman sexually abused him at age10

 
Controverisal and fast rising Nollywood actor, Benson Okonkwo says he was a victim of sexual abuse, he recently opened up on being abused at the age of 10 and why he is traumatized by it.

“People think that things are always rosy for actors.  They think it’s always all about glamour but the truth is we have all had our ugly experiences.

I have gone through a lot in the past and that is what has made me the Benson Okonkwo many love and respect today in the industry. I was sexually abused at the tender age of 10 by my 35 year old neighbor simply called Aunty Amaka, a lady who I love and respect.

She took advantage of me on that fateful afternoon after luring me with sweets and biscuits. She stole my innocence and ever since then I have been haunted by that hurtful memory. That’s why I put passion into my acting career because its takes away my pain”I kept it away from my parents, but I told our gateman, who did not tell my parents too.I grew up with the shock and it still disturbs me till today.

I really wish parents would be more careful with who they leave their kids with.” he says

0 comments:

Post a Comment