Thursday 14 November 2013

“I’ll laugh if Messi wins the Ballon d’Or this year” – Pique

Alexis-Pique-Messi 
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has claimed that he would “laugh a lot” if team-mate Lionel Messi wins the Ballon d’Or for a fifth straight year.

The 26-year-old has endured a bumpy 2013, with injuries limiting his playing time as Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery, his main rivals for the award, have flourished.

However, the former Manchester United centre-back believes that his colleague is still among the favourites to win the prize due to his global popularity.

“Leo can never be ruled out. This is an election in which people vote. He has won four and won the appreciation of the whole world,” he told Mundo Deportivo.

“If he wins, I will laugh, a lot. I’m a big fan of Leo, I’ve always said that. If we evaluate his year, he’s been spectacular again.

“I’m not saying that Cristiano has not done well or taking anything away from Ribery.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment