Thursday 28 November 2013

“I don’t need the Ballon d’Or to know I’m the best in the world” – Ibrahimovic

Ibrahimovic-Olympiakos 
 Paris Saint-Germain striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has stated that he does not need to win the Ballon d’Or prize, to know he is the best player in the world.
 The Swede scored after seven minutes, as the Ligue 1 side booked their place in the knock-out stages of the Champions League on Wednesday, equalling the tournament’s record held by Ruud van Nistelrooy, Hernan Crespo, Filippo Inzaghi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ibrahimovic is still on track to break the record with one group game left, but he insists he is not concerned with individual accolades, including the Ballon d’Or/

“It’s not something I think about and it is something that is not important for me,” Ibrahimovic told reporters.
“I do not need to win this trophy to know I am the best.”

Speaking about qualifying for the last 16, the former AC Milan man said: “Our aim was to get out of the group stage and we have done that.

“We must now wait for the draw to see who we play but, until then, we will train hard and be ready for the next match.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment