Wednesday 27 November 2013

“There is nothing I can do” – Mourinho says Mata will continue on the bench

Mata bench 
Jose Mourinho has admitted that Juan Mata is likely to continue on the bench, because he cannot pick “12, 13 or 14″ players.
 The Spaniard is not one of the manager’s preference to start behind the striker, as Mourinho readily picks Oscar, Hazard and even Schurrle ahead of the former Valencia man.

The 25-year-old has been restricted to eight appearances this season and has scored one goal. The Portuguese coach says Mata’s attitude is good, but there is nothing he can do.

“There is one thing that is obvious, which is I can’t change the rules and I can’t start the match with 12, 13 or 14,” Mourinho told the London Evening Standard.

“I’d love that because many people deserve to play and Juan is one who deserves to play because of the way he works, behaves, the way we see him every day.

“But if I play him and I don’t play (Eden) Hazard or Oscar, you are asking me about Hazard or Oscar in this moment.

“It’s a consequence of the squad we have where, for these positions behind the striker, we have so many options.

“It’s hard for me. I don’t have a special pleasure leaving players out. I enjoy playing them and making them happy, but there’s nothing I can do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment