Saturday 5 October 2013

‘How I lost 57kg for my wedding’: Obese bride slims down to marry in her dream gown (PHOTOS)

Jane Bailey, 38, in her wedding dress at home with husband Andy Bailey, 48 
An obese bride-to-be who waited 12 years to marry her fiance because she feared she would look fat in her wedding photos lost nine stone to wear her dream white gown… and it was the first time she had ever worn a dress.

Jane Bailey, 38, from Staffordshire, survived on a diet of chocolate and pastry, weighed 20st 9lb, and was known as ’The Big One’ and ‘Big Jane’ among her work colleagues.
With a waistline of 46in she had never been confident enough to wear a dress.

Jane Bailey, 38, in her wedding dress at home with husband Andy Bailey, 48
Jane before she decided to lose weight in 2011
Jane Bailey, 38, from Staffordshire, survived on a diet of chocolate and pastry, weighed 20st 9lb, and was known as 'The Big One' 
Jane Bailey, 38, from Staffordshire, survived on a diet of chocolate and pastry, weighed 20st 9lb, and was known as ‘The Big One’

Jane and fiance Andy, 48, got engaged 12 years ago, but never organised anything until January 2011 when Jane was browsing for wedding dresses and fell in love with one.

She determined to lose enough weight to fit into it on her big day, and the mother-of-three immediately joined her local Slimming World group.

Incredibly, she managed to lose nine stone over the next two years, dropped from a hefty size 26 to a svelte size 12 on a diet of healthy eating.

And on June 14 Jane slipped into the stunning empire-line dress with flowing skirt to walk down the aisle and finally tie the knot with Andy after a decade of waiting.

It was the first dress she had ever worn, having spent years covering up in loose-fitting T-shirts and jeans.
With a waistline of 46in, Jane had never been confident enough to wear a dress
With a waistline of 46in, Jane had never been confident enough to wear a dress
 Jane and fiance Andy, 48, got engaged 12 years ago, but never organised anything until January 2011 when Jane was browsing for wedding dresses and fell in love with one 
Jane and fiance Andy, 48, got engaged 12 years ago, but never organised anything until January 2011 when Jane was browsing for wedding dresses and fell in love with one

Jane, who now weighs a healthy 11st 9lb, said: ‘I had been engaged to Andy for 12 years, but I kept putting off setting a date because I didn’t want to look big on my wedding day.

‘I used to eat things like chocolate and custard tarts in secret.

‘I never wore dresses as I was quite tomboyish when I was large – I just lived in jeans and T-shirts all the time’
 
‘People referred to me as the Big One or Big Jane and although I was only really teased as a teenager I knew I had to lose weight, especially for my wedding.

‘I joined Slimming World in January 2011, I lost about six stone in the first year and three months ago I finally got married.

‘I felt amazing on my wedding day and it was great that I could fit into my dream dress.

‘It wanted this particular type of dress but I was never going to be able to wear something like that the size I was.’
Andy and Jane on their wedding day, after Jane had lost nine stone and could fit into her wedding dress
Andy and Jane on their wedding day, after Jane had lost nine stone and could fit into her wedding dress
Jane said: 'I have the confidence and the figure to wear more dresses and it feels amazing to be able to do so'

0 comments:

Post a Comment