Saturday 21 September 2013

Wenger signs Nigerian youngster

Semi Ajayi has won three caps for Nigeria at the youth level 
Semi Ajayi has won three caps for Nigeria at the youth level
Arsenal FC manager, Arsene Wenger, has once again shown his love for signing little known stars, after taking on Nigerian highly rated central defender, Semi Ajayi, on a free transfer from Charlton.

Ajayi (19) announced the news on his Twitter account, saying: “Thank you everyone for the messages wishing me well on my move to Arsenal. I’ve been overwhelmed by the amount and I’m truly grateful.

“It was sad to end my ten year spell with Charlton this summer but I can’t speak highly enough of all of the wonderful people I met during my ten years there & I wish all those at @CAFCofficial the best for the future as I will always have a soft spot for the club & it’s fans.

“Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can’t wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me.”

The British-born youngster has played for Nigeria three times. He was first called up to the Nigeria U20 team for the African Youth Championships in March 2013, he could, however, not honour the invite. He was later called up for the Toulon U21 Youth Festival where he gained 3 caps playing against the likes of Brazil, Belgium and Portugal.
Follow @Psermuel

0 comments:

Post a Comment