Saturday 28 September 2013

Gascoigne says hackers drained bank account

b14fa24fc3d2bad873a08c4bfa81476eb736f381 
Former England star Paul Gascoigne claims hackers stole up to £50,000 ($81,000, 60,000 euros) from his bank account, according to British media reports on Saturday.

The 46-year-old, who has struggled with alcoholism for years, said the thieves took money from him 23 times in the space of just two days.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, the former Tottenham Hotspur and Lazio midfielder said he had been “bled dry”.

However, he appeared confused about quite how much money had been taken, claiming “it was quite a lot of money”, before saying: “It wasn’t that much.”

He also gave contradictory information about the likely perpetrators of the attacks. Having initially claimed “I know who did it,” he went on to say: “I’ve not got a clue.”

In a documentary broadcast on ITV earlier this week, Gascoigne admitted he could start drinking again even though he knows it might kill him.

“I hope I don’t die through it. Because I won’t get any sympathy,” he said.

“Because, well, ‘He was warned.’ At least I know if I did pass away through it, I wouldn’t be in this pain all the time.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment