Monday 23 September 2013

“I am happy with the way Mikel Obi is playing” – Mourinho

MikelObi-Fulham-Sept2013 
Jose Mourinho has praised John Mikel Obi’s performance in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Fulham in the West London derby on Saturday.

The Nigerian midfielder made the points safe with the second goal for the Blues – his first in seven years at the club. His manager applauded his all-round display and said he was happy with how he was playing.

Mourinho said: “Good for him, good for us. I think it is good for his confidence. And I think people enjoyed seeing John (Obi Mikel) score a goal.

“The goal was a shot in a set-piece, in a corner, a rebound, the finishing was good and he was in the position, but the important thing for me is he played a good game, he gave balance and stability.

“He kept very good control of the game, so I am happy with the way John is playing.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment