Thursday 5 September 2013

How Pasuma Betrayed Me – Saheed Osupa

 

King Saheed Osupa fought vigorously to attain his current position in the Nigerian music industry, most especially fuji music. In the course of cementing his feet in the fuji music industry, the Olufimo 1 faced stiff rivalries among his contemporaries who posed to slide him away from the limelight. According to Saheed Osupa, one of the stumbling blocks that stood on his way to the fame land was his longtime friend, wasiu Alabi popularly known as Pasuma wonder.

In an exclusive interview with a popular Yoruba Newspaper, Saridon papa explained how his Orobokibo friend, Paso Amama almost robbed him off the stardom. Read the untold revelations as revealed by Jacky himself, Saheed Babatunde Akorede Ayinla Okunola.

“Some years ago, after I have done two albums, I went to meet pasuma to introduce myself to him because at that time, he was favoured to be on top. And when I got to him, he said he has been hearing about me and he even sang my fuji Blues for me. Although many warned me not to go to him; that I’m more talented than him but I refused because I believed that who ever God has blessed, one should relate with that person so that God will extend His Mercy. At that time, paso was about to release his first album, Recognition and I have released my third album. During that time, if people wanted to give him show, I did say I know him and I will talk on his behalf. I started going to his shows and he always praise me with my music which I thought it was normal because he is my friend. But suddenly he changed his way towards me. If I went to his show, he won’t acknowledge me, instead he would be praising other musicians and if I tried to share mic with him to sing, he ignored me and pretended as if he didn’t know me. What pained at that time was that it was my music pasuma was singing at that time; as I was singing at a show, a fan approached me and said, why not sing your music? Why have you been singing pasuma’s music? What the guy said pained me so much but I kept quite. The most painful thing is that pasuma and music marketers conspired against me. If I released an album, it would be delayed to allow pasuma’s album that has my music in it to be sold first. They did the same thing against obesere. You know, Pasuma was financially capable of buying the marketers to his side. Immediately the secret leaked to me, I resisted, I said you guys are not fit, I will rescue myself from you and I vowed not to visit pasuma again. But later, they settled it for us but the issue of king of music torn the whole issue”.

- NewsRealTime

0 comments:

Post a Comment