Wednesday 18 September 2013

”Empress Njamah has strong body odour and is epileptic on foot”- Fans Diss Actress

empress-21 
In a recent interview with Nonye Ben-Nwankwo of Punch, actress Empress Njamah talked about how she was one of the first women to start wearing popular Brazilian hair in Nigeria, she also talked about having over 200 pairs of shoes and perfumes.

Some of her fans didn’t take her interview likely as they claim it’s all lies and dissed her over it. Some even went ahead to say she has body odour for claiming to have over 200 bottles of perfumes. lol…Naija fans can be weird sometimes and their comments can make one feel terrible about oneself.

Anyway, below is an excerpts from her interview :

Are you daring in fashion?
I will not say I am not daring. As an actress, I have to be versatile. But you have to be daring at the right function. What I wear in Nigeria is different from what I wear abroad. It might be fashionable to you and an eyesore to some other people. Basically, I dress for the event and the country. Sometimes, you need to make a statement but you have to be comfortable while making a statement.

Empress is known for her hairstyle. How come you don’t make it simple when it comes to your hair?
A lot of people always talk about my hair before my name while trying to introduce Empress. It is not a logo. It is just that everybody has one thing they are used to and they like doing. Over the years, I was one of the few that started wearing expensive Brazilian hair before it became a craze. I like to wear very full hair. Most times, it takes two people to make my hair. I wear what three or four people can wear. I am a hair person. Sometimes you make your passion your profession. I sell human hair but I started wearing it long before I started selling them. For a lady, your hair should stand out.

What else should stand out apart from the hair?
Your hair, your bag and your shoes should speak volumes. It is not necessarily your dress. If you have a good bag and a good shoe, it covers your outfit.

You also have so many footwears
I was able to give out 85 pairs of shoes to orphanages in Abuja and Lagos. I was left with more than 200. You would feel you have given out enough but at the end of the day, when you go back and count, you will find out that they are still there.

Have you stopped buying?
I sell shoes. I have been a shoe lover for a long time. You make your passion your profession. I have been into it long before I started the business, and that is why I enjoy doing what I do now. People call me to advise them on the footwear to use for a particular occasion.

Do you love perfume?
I am a perfume person. I have bought a perfume that is worth over N300, 000. I have over 200 bottles. It is either you are into something or you are not. It doesn’t mean that there is no cheaper perfume that smells better than that one, but it is something you like and you want to pick it.
Follow @Psermuel

0 comments:

Post a Comment