Wednesday 24 July 2013

I get my shirts from London, England and USA - Dayo Adeneye, D1

Make we fly??
Celebrity showbiz personality, Dayo Adeneye, popularly known as D1, of the famous music label, Kennis Music and Primetime Entertainment Africa, is an entertainment mogul who revived the music industry. Over the weekend, he had this very interesting interview with a national newspaper - Tribune. See excerpts below:

How did you meet your wife?
My father actually introduced my wife to me. She and her sister had a teacher that lived next door to my father and my father would call me and say ‘look, this lady next door, I need you to meet her’, and I would ask him if he was the one that was supposed to introduce girls to me (laughs). But eventually, my curiosity got the better of me. I asked her out on a date and the rest is history.

What was the attraction and how did you propose to her?
She is a very nice human being. She takes care of my children, and (she is) very beautiful. I proposed to her on a dinner date in London while eating eba and efo riro (laughs). I had a ring in my pocket.
You are known for being fashionable and some people envy your luxurious lifestyle
I have always been fashionable right from when I was young. I like good clothes. I like to stand apart from the crowd. I don’t like to dress loud, but to stand out. I don’t like blending with the crowd, which kind of influences my dressing.
Where do you shop for your wears?
Erm....Let’s see. Most of my shirts, I get them in London, England and the United States. For my native wears, of course, Nigeria. I am not so much a brand freak, but the thing I am particular about is shoes. I love shoes. My favourites are Prada, Gucci and Louis Vuitton.
What is the most expensive fashionable item you have in your wardrobe?
Probably my wrist watch, Rolex
How much did you get it?
You don’t want me to tell you that, do you? (laughs)
Can you buy a 284 million bottle of champagne by designer Alexander Amosu?
(Laughs) I really don’t think so. There is a lot of hunger and poverty out there in the world; that kind of money can be put to better use. It can be used to help poor people than to be spent on a bottle of champagne.
What do you think about artistes exchanging Twitter rants with their producers when the relationships get sour?
I don’t know why anybody would put their business on Twitter; probably they have too much time on their hands. Small minds talk about people and big minds make things happen. So, I am the big mind; I don’t have time to be Tweeting about nonsense on Twitter. I go out and get the job done.
What did you miss most about Goldie?
Goldie was a very funny and fun person; most people who were not close to her don’t know that she was a very down-to-earth person. The Goldie you saw on Big Brother Africa cooking, cleaning; that was the way she was. There was no pretence about her. She was just a hardworking and a motherly person who liked to take care of people. I will miss that about her. She always put her best in whatever she did. I was very proud of her.
How rich is D1?
I am very blessed. I don’t count material things as riches. I count my health, my family, the glorious sunshine and sunset that I witness in good health. Those are the things I consider as my wealth. The fact that I am able to work, play with my children, be a good husband to my wife, and travel whenever I want to – that is my wealth.
Oh by the way, unconfirmed reports claim he recently acquired a N25million Bentley Cntinnetal GT

0 comments:

Post a Comment