Friday 24 May 2013

Artistes and Social Media Platforms(The pros and cons)

It is no secret that the Social media network has gone a long way in
helping artistes push their music.With the advent of
Facebook,Twitter,Myspace e.t.c but like they say "Too much of
everything is bad",i would like to air my own view of this.

Social media helps you to get across to a large audience at little or
no cost at all,you can build your hype get fans,post links to your
songs and videos and get feedback but there is also the dark side to
this(i know some won't agree with me).

Sometimes it makes the artiste lazy,you can't just sit down and let
the internet do all your work for you,you need to go out there and
promote yourself especially if you don't have a manager and record
label.Artistes like Papoose and Nicki Minaj started out by hustling
their mixtapes on the streets.

It also exposes you to all manners of people,the truth is an an
artiste(whether you want to believe it or not) not everybody is
genuinely interested in your music ,some just like the fact that they
are associated with you,such people can't give "reasonable
criticism".There is also the invasion of your privacy,some just want
to know what you eat,drink,who u are dating e.t.c.

Having brought out these points,all i have to say is whatever platform
you choose as an artiste just try to strike a balance and focus on
your career.Till next time,i remain Joy Enajeroh.#Uncovered.

Your comments,criticisms are welcomed,you can follow me on twitter @joy_enajeroh

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

    Here is my website get money online

    ReplyDelete
  2. This program is intended to recover lost passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives of
    versions 2.xx and 3.xx. http://www.passwordrecoveryforrar.
    tk The free professional solution for recovering
    lost passwords to RAR and WinRAR archives.

    I'm not sure exactly why but this website is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

    ReplyDelete